Re: Fedora Project em Português

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Wed May 5 04:37:03 UTC 2010

2010/5/4 Filipe Rosset <rosset.filipe at gmail.com>:
> On 05/04/2010 09:44 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:
>>
>>   In the best interest of this list I'm not proving an asnwer to this email.
>>
>>   Com estimada consideração,
>>   Nelson Manuel de Oliveira Marques
>
> Hi Nelson,
> Standard Portuguese (pt_PT)?!?! Bullshit!
> His comments were unfortunate.
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Map-Lusophone_World-en.png
> (see, pt_PT (standard!?!?) is inexpressive)
> Read! http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%ADngua_portuguesa
> As Mario pointed... "Paul indicated a good plan to follow, I would go
> with it." +1
> If you have problems, talk to me by personal email address.
> Best regards,

Globalization has two opposite trends. Generalization that makes
everything alike, but also has localization.
Localization is a good force to help grow local community. Makes
people with same local issues get together and work for showing their
cultural identity.
It can be a non ending debate about academic and historic reasons for
languages, but I think we are moving away from that debate toward a
local community expression. Making something useful.

As Paul said "This is great -- I saw some of your recent conversations
on the trans@ list and I applaud the teamwork!" This is moving away of
passionate debate looking for productive work. Last couple of emails
are late.

Today I wrote an email saying that Fedora Community is a reference for
many smaller communities (like Nicaraguan). These small communities
need to learn from Brazil, but also need to solve their own local
obstacles. As member of a small community, we can not perform as
Brazil does today, as we do not have the experience that you, as
group, have accumulated.
I don't see in the last couple of emails anything representative of
the admiration that I profess toward the Brazilian community.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217