Infographic: (Was Re: 10th Anniversary of the Fedora Project)

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Sep 5 13:59:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 05:20:43AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I like this idea a lot - I think we could probably do something that would
> be awesome to the point of people wanting to print it out and frame it :)

Or perhaps put on a t-shirt?

> Do you want to break this idea out into a separate mailing list thread so
> it doesn't get lost? I've got a couple of things I can share just in the
> way of "how to make awesome infographics" as well as data points. I don't
> know that total # of versions/commits is going to work as sanely as it
> would for other (smaller, more self-contained) projects, but I think there
> are plenty of other data points to make use of.

Started a separate thread. :-) Maybe we should do this on the wiki as
well?

Not sure what kind of data we have available, but things that might be
interesting:

# of packages in Fedora from FC1 - F20
# of contributors over time
Size of "minimal" install over time?
# of languages supported in FC1 - F20?
# of release names that are as nifty as "Beefy Miracle"

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM, <jterrill at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Something else to think about:
> >
> > An infographic for the November anniversary could be pretty cool, with
> > representations of total versions/commits/etc.  Any thoughts on that or
> > what numbers/stats could be included?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat