New Magazine theme

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 12 17:13:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:46:58PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I'd argue planet.fpo is the contributor version.... and magazine is
> the user version. I liked Paul's idea of having the default on the
> front page being user focused content instead of all. An idea is that

planet.fpo is kind of a firehose. We need something a little more like
devel-announce list to planet's devel list. (Well, except planet isn't
even as focused as the devel list.)

> planet to make more better posts. (And the hubs, when they are ready
> :) )

Yeah, it may be that the hub is a solution there.

> Re underground silo.... what kinds of critical contributor content
> are you most concerned about?  would planet.fpo not serve that
> content well?

I don't think it _has_ been serving that well. I'm thinking largely of
the work to explain and socialize the various Fedora.next ideas, and
similar future things which will be coming out of the Council. Things
which we'd like everyone in the project to be aware of.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>