[Magazine] Join Day Discussion

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:54:26 UTC 2015

Il giorno gio, 22/10/2015 alle 18.13 -0400, Justin W. Flory ha scritto:
> Hey all,

Hello Justin,

[cut]

> One of the main concerns that was mentioned in the meeting was
> attracting more contributors who have trouble with English, where
> they
> might have a quality idea, but it increases the work load on the
> editors
> to clean and polish up articles to publication-worthy status. I think
> Paul best summed up the ideal situation with this line:

[cut]

Yes, that would be good; English native proofreaders is one of the
solution, maybe the best. Is it the case to think about a category
specifically for this role?
Someone could have the desire to only work in the posts still to
publish, without any other responsibility.

> With that in mind, if we do a Join Day, we will likely want to target
> both people interested in being writers and/or editors.

In order to get familiar with some terms, I advise this pages [1][2]

> I'm a little pinched for time so I wanted to get this out before I
> head
> out for the next few hours, but hopefully Gabri or Ankur can fill in
> any
> major holes I missed.

Target is really clear, no worries about missed holes. We only have to
wait for any suggestion and set-up a proper workflow.

I think that this join-day could bring benefits also to the rest of
Mktg (that is a candidate for the next).

> Thanks!

Thanks Justin, Paul and Ryan.

Gabri

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine/Howtopost