MeeGo in Fedora 14

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:44:21 UTC 2010

2010/7/2 pbrobinson at gmail.com <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:

> Hi Chen,
>
> I already have all the Netbook stuff in hand. If you could deal with
> the QT stuff that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Do you want to rename all moblin-* package to meego-*?  Actually,
meego 1.0 still uses moblin-* as package names, all renaming is
occured in meego 1.1.  If you are targeting meego 1,1 for F14, then I
think you can delay the rename process to keep consistence with
upstream.

Also, I think we should not check out sources from
http://meego.gitorious.org, I found the version in public git repo is
even older than src.rpm in http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/trunk/.
Considering upstream also nerver release any tarballs for those
packages, we have to extract tarballs from src.rpm.

I think targeting meego 1.1 for F14 is safe, at least the weekly build
image works on my netbook. Upstream releases weekly build images for
meego 1.1 with a complete package list, it's quite easy for us to
track the changes of meego 1.1 regularly.

Regards,
Chen Lei