[Fedora-packaging] Inaccurate information about LiVES package

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 22:31:56 UTC 2010

As far as I can recall it was part of a lengthy discussion I had with Diego
Biurrun several years ago. I don't have the email to hand any more. But the
gist was that libavcodec/libavformat no longer contained any hard coded
codecs, so it would be possible to build these libraries with just free
codecs (e.g. ogg/theora/vorbis).

Therefore, I would be interested to know - if one were to build
libavcodec/libavformat with all codecs disabled except for say,
ogg/theora/vorbis, would there still be a problem ?

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman