[Fedora-packaging] Question about upstream project aggregating source packages

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 07:37:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

I mantain the Guacamole stack [1] for Fedora.

Upstream has changed the way it packages sources; all the components have
been merged in 2 bigger source tarballs [2], one being guacamole-client for
the Java web application and the other one being guacamole-server for the
native server components.

Each new tarball will generate almost the same packages.

guacamole-server.src.rpm will generate only:

guacd
libguac
libguac-client-rdp
libguac-client-ssh
libguac-client-vnc

guacamole-client.src.rpm will generate only:

guacamole

The following are now integrated in guacamole:

guacamole-common
guacamole-common-js
guacamole-ext

What's the procedure here? I thought about this:

1- Create a new review request for guacamole-server
2- After having git access retire guacd and libguac*
3- Create a rename review for guacamole -> guacamole-client
4- After git access, make sure guacamole obsoletes
guacamole-{common,common-js,ext}
5- Retire guacamole-{common,common-js,ext}

This will give me only guacamole-client and guacamole-server in koji/git.

Is this correct?

[1]
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/search?match=glob&type=package&terms=*guac*
[2] http://guac-dev.org/pub/dist/source/

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/