Fedora Projects Tooling Meeting

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 20:17:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 01:18:14PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 08:59:49AM -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> >     As a result from the WhenIsGood I sent out[0], the meeting to
> > discuss Fedora Projects Tooling has been set for 2015-05-13 at 14:00
> > UTC
> > https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/infrastructure/2015/5/13/?tzone=UTC#m2538
> > Hope to see everyone there!
>
> Okay, so, what are our next steps here? As I remember the meeting :)
> there was a lot of support for taiga.io, but we wanted to hold off
> actually going through the process of packaging it until actually
> trying it.
>
> I'd like to suggest that we use the hosted taiga.io service for
> organizing work on
>
>  <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Two_Week_Atomic>
>  <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Layered_Docker_Image_Build_Service>
>
> Adam mentioned that Ralph has a fedauth plugin, and maybe we could even
> get them to add that as a sign-in option on the hosted service (right
> next to "Login with github") —  but I suggest just individual accounts
> until Flock.
>
> Adam's other concern was backups — what do we do if the hosted service
> folds? I see that there _is_ export/import functionality, and possibly
> that's scriptable, but we could at least do it manually weekly for the
> summer (and accept a little bit of risk).
>
> What do you all think?

We set up http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org with:

- ansible, so we can repeat it
- a fedora openid auth plugin

It's not packaged.  So you can try it out first there, and then if we
like it we can go through with that.

It's an already out of date version of taiga.  It's 1.6.0, and they're
already on 1.8.0.

It doesn't currently have backups in place.  I've been meaning to do
it but I just haven't had/made time.  I'll respond to this thread when
it's finally done.  (we have scripts to manage postgres backups like
this already, so it should be easy).

The fedora-hubs group is already using it to some extent.

Other things we want to do *if* we like it and packaging it doesn't
throw up any ridiculous hurdles:

- write trac/pagure/bz(?) plugins so that our tickets automatically
  show up in taiga -- and we can shuffle them around nicely there.
- probably other good stuff.