Some tasks we should get done

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Mon May 17 16:03:57 UTC 2010

Am 17.05.2010 17:29, schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
> while it is not a complete tree i think we should move the rawhide tree to the
> fedora 12 location. it would be great if we could get some hercules images
> based on it.  We can then work to try get F-13 and F-14 started
>

> I want to make sure that for all arches we release F-14 in the same month as
> the primary arch is released.
>
> There is plenty for people to do to get things moving forward.  adding s390 31
> bit builds has slowed things down.
>

> I also wonder if we shouldn't make a 31 bit installer and kernel for fedora.
> or is there really no demand for it?
>
> Dennis

Phil created the last hercules images, F-11 afaik. Maybe he's got some
time to update them to F-12.

The big question atm is if we really should try to get an installable F-13.
There's still a lot of work to do, a rough estimate is 1 - 1/2 months and
then we'd play catch-up again with F-14. Phil and I talked about it in
the office today and we agreed that it might be a good idea to start
rebuilding Rawhide as soon as possible even if this means that we'd have to
rebuild a package twice to fix SONAME problems.

I don't think that we need a 31bit installer, the latest 31bit-only s390
hardware is already several years old.

    Karsten