Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 4 17:33:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 11:23:09 -0500,
   Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

>Is there a use case for a livecd server setup? There's probably something
>for this, but I'm interested in what others think.

I really don't see this. LiveCDs are going to run slower and their use for
testing isn't as useful in the server case as they would be for people
thinking about switching desktops. For servers you are going to want to
test things like you are going to run them in production.

They might have some specialized use where you want to run from read only
media as a security measure, but I don't think that is common enough to
worry about.