Dropping a lot of files from the DVD

Miloslav Trmac mitr at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 14:38:04 UTC 2015

> I'd like to propose that we drop from the Server installation
> everything that is not either part of the default install as it now
> stands or an optional component for hardware support.

Does this impact testing? The DVD is a fixed known set of packages,
“current content of the updates repo” is changing every day. What will
“testing TC3” mean without packages on the DVD?

(Of course this would only matter for packages which are actually tested as
a part of release criteria, which may be none of those you are proposing to
remove.)
    Mirek