Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 5 19:46:47 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2009 03:01:27 Adam Williamson wrote:
>> Hi! I am Adam Williamson. I am working for Red Hat as of this Monday.
>
> Hi Adam.  Good to talk to you again.  One thing I'd like you to think about,
> though I have no idea what can be done about it.  It's well-known that distros
> tweak KDE to make things work more to their liking.  It's equally well-known
> that the practice can cause some friction :-) and users asking KDE people
> about problems are quite likely to be told that there is no help because it is
> down to some action of Fedora.

Fedora rarely patches KDE other than a few minor backports and some
tweaking of defaults but this sort of criticism goes both ways. While
other distributions patched KDE 4 heavily to make it parallel
installable with KDE 3, Fedora did not and received quite a bit of flake
for that. What would be the upstream standpoint on this?

Rahul