[Test-Announce] Fedora 13 Alpha RC#2 Available Now

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 15:15:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 11:43 +0100, birger wrote:
> Tried installing from the x86_64 DVD image on a HP BL460c G1 blade
> system. The ISO file is mounted as a virtual DVD through the HP
> management software.
>
> System has 2x36GB SAS drives set up in RAID 1.
> I tried both ordinary install and 'with basic video driver'.
> Both start off in text mode, asking me about language, keyboard and
> location of install image. I am booting from the DVD iso image, so it
> shouldn't have to ask me where to find the image?

That's unexpected, if you boot the DVD with no additional boot
arguments, the only text-mode prompt you should get is whether you want
to validate your media.  Do you see any messages on tty3 or tty4 that
might indicate why it's prompting you for an installation source?

> When I press F2 to
> select a non-listed device the installer crashes with a SIGSEGV.

Can you file a bug with a screenshot of the SIGSEGV output please?
Sounds like this may impact the iSCSI test case [1] (in text-mode)

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_ISCSI_No_Authentication