[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 ON_QA Blocker bugs needing verification

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 20:50:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 21:39 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I was attempting just that earlier this week following instructions at
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_build_a_Rawhide_ISO_image_for_testing
> >
> > I had success creating the ISO files, but they failed to boot due to
> > 'unable to find /init'.  I haven't had time to dig deeper to investigate
> > what I did wrong.
>
> Those instructions would seem to pull everything from the rawhide repo
> for the build?  What I do is use the appropriate .cfg file to define
> the way in which creation of the chrooted area for a development/f14
> build will be set up when you start the mock creation command

Right, it just depends what you use in the kickstart file you point it
to.  As of this email, the fedora-install-fedora.ks kickstart file
included in spin-kickstarts.git uses Fedora 14
(http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-install-fedora.ks;h=184cb29cf7459a0cd1a3b2666a345107d380612b;hb=HEAD).  Note, that in order to include updates-testing, or a private repo, you would need an additional 'repo' kickstart statement.

> - and
> then as a second step go into the chrooted shell where the pungi
> command is then run using a kickstart file to pull in the same repo
> for packages and define which packages will be merged into the iso
> during the build.

> It is possible to add additional repo definitions
> in the .ks file and include any number of additional packages from any
> of the repos - however in this process anaconda would come from the
> main repo unless the updates-testing repo was also defined ( which
> case all packages in updates-testing would be pulled in as more up to
> date than those in development/f14/ ), but I don't know enough about
> the way pungi works to know if it is possible to tell the build to
> pull in a single additional package and if so how to put the
> appropriate lines into the .ks file that the build uses.... maybe this
> is beyond what the system was designed to do?

Sure, very possible.  If a yum repo isn't available that has the exact
mix of packages you desire, you'll need to provide one.

So for anaconda-14.19-1, you could download it and create a local yum
repo for pungi

        # mkdir /tmp/koji-rpms
        # cd !$
        # koji download-build --latestfrom dist-f14-updates-candidate
        anaconda
        # createrepo .

Then add a repo in your ks.cfg

        repo --name local-rpms --baseurl file:///tmp/koji-rpms

Then re-run pungi.  I might be missing something, but that should
provide the general flow.

Thanks,
James