Proposal: stop holding composes for preupgrade bugs at Alpha and Beta phases

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Tue Apr 10 06:04:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 22:15 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 19:13:31 -0700,
>    Adam Williamson <awilliam at> wrote:
> >
> >So, I'm proposing one of two options:
> >
> >1) Simply bump preupgrade to the Final release criteria
> >
> >2) Keep preupgrade in the Beta criteria, but treat all preupgrade issues
> >- even those that are in the anaconda package - the way we currently
> >treat blocker issues in livecd-tools or the preupgrade package itself:
> >consider them as not blocking image compose. Rather, we require the
> >maintainer to push out an update before the release date. We could put
> >issues in anaconda that only affect preupgrade into the same category.
> I think we want preupgrade to work for at least beta. I think just not
> blocking the composes, but requiring it to work for beta is better than
> waiting until final.

That's the intent of option 2). Though to be honest, we're not terribly
good at following through on it. When we've had preupgrade /
livecd-tools 'blockers' before, we've sometimes not managed to get the
fix pushed stable by release date.
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | adamwfedora

More information about the test mailing list