Inadequate sound device control

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 14:55:47 UTC 2012

Dne Út 17. dubna 2012 16:36:08, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 14:36 +0200, Karel Volný wrote:
> > now if there is only one volume control, how do I express
> > that I want to mute the microphone and set the line-in to
> > some value?
> PA doesn't treat this as a question of volumes but a question
> of inputs, or, as GNOME volume control puts it, 'connectors'.
> On the Input tab of the GNOME volume control applet thingy,

how can I run this outside of GNOME which I do not use?

- I've tried "yum provides *volume*" and look for gnome thing,
but I have found nothing relevant (except for zillions of icons
like "/usr/share/icons/elementary/apps/24/gnome-volume-
control.svg")

> they show up as options in a drop-down list. You can pick one
> input source at a time.

so, I can't actually mix them?

> You pick an input source, then pick the volume for it.

sounds very easy, intuitive, comfortable and productive in
comparison with classical mixer-like[1] interface ...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixing_console

K.

--
Karel Volný