Most latest mirrors for fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jun 13 17:18:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:29:44 +0530
piruthiviraj natarajan <piruthiviraj at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> I am already using dl.fedoraproject.org. How long does it take to
> transfer the koji builds to the fedora mirrors.

It depends.

Once a build is done, the maintainer can create an update
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/
Or they could decide not to at that time, or they could go do something
else for a while, or whatever.

Once an update has been submitted it waits to be signed and composed.
This happens about once a day for all releases. Usually in this order:

f19 updates-testing - 2-3hours
f18/f17 all - 8-10hours
f19 stable push. - 30min

Once signed/mashed/updated, it's synced to master mirror.

So, you can expect f19-updates-testing to update about once a day
(although sometimes more) in midday. F18/F17 should update later in the
evening, and f19 stable will update with the daily branched compose
(that starts at 9:15UTC and takes 3-4hours usually).

kevin