Attempt to recover

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Sat May 25 22:19:53 UTC 2013

On 05/25/2013 05:24 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:22:38AM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> Being the stubborn person I am I am attempting to recover my 19 system.
>>
>> I chrooted into 19 from 18 and ran package-clean --problems
>> I have reinstalled libxvmc...but for some reason the system still
>> thinks it's incomplete
> Are you sure that you installed in the right system (rpm has an option -r)?
> If yes then maybe a wrong version?

    No I have since reinstalled a long list of packages...and they are
in the right system.

>> I than ran ldconfig
>>
>> # ldconfig: File /lib/libqpdf.so.10.1.0 is empty, not checked.
>> ldconfig: File /lib/libdialog.so.11.1.0 is empty, not checked.
>
> Does 'rpm -qf /lib/libqpdf.so.10.1.0' says that they belong to installed
> packages?  Maybe these are just leftovers?

    Yes you're right there. They belong to packages I added later.

> 'rpm -Va' will test an integrity of all packages present in the current
> database.  Redirect an output and check results later.  It is really
> hard to guess what you possibly removed.  A trivial reason you are
> failing to boot could be that you are attempting to use a new kernel for
> which initramfs was not yet build.  This happens in %posttrans package
> script and you apparently crashed before this had a chance to run.
>
>      Michal

    I did rpm -Va.....and the list is huge. There is apparently so much
wrong now...I think
I'll wait until 19 Beta to reinstall it.  I didn't think an interrupted
update could cause so much
trouble.

--
--Cheers--