Attempt to recover

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Tue May 28 08:44:33 UTC 2013

On Sat, 25 May 2013, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 05/25/2013 05:24 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
>    I did rpm -Va.....and the list is huge. There is apparently so much
> wrong now...I think
> I'll wait until 19 Beta to reinstall it.  I didn't think an interrupted
> update could cause so much
> trouble.

It is obvious it can - you are replacing one file with the other for many
packages. After such a crash in the middle of system upgrade you have to
be very carefull what you do next. Just blindly removing dupes in the RPM
database may not be to wise thing.

Generally - if this is a test system and you want to learn how to recover,
this is fine, otherwise just do a backup of data you may need and do a new
install - it will save you a lot of time. That is it.

> --
> --Cheers--

Adam Pribyl