fedup failure from F19->F20

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Fri Apr 25 17:25:22 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 10:12 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I'm afraid this machine is now in a very sick state and I'm petrified
> that, should I lose power or something else happens that will cause it
> to reboot, it's going to be dead.

If all you've done is run fedup, then nothing has happened to the
installed Fedora.  You're fine.  Try doing a yum clean and deleting the
the /var/tmp/system-upgrade directory.  Then try fedup again.

If fedup actually completed at some point, then be careful when
rebooting.  There may be an upgrade entry in the boot list.  But since
it sounds like fedup never actually successfully completed, there
shouldn't be one.