3.16.x on i686

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 25 00:45:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 16:30:59 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

>I think the "Could not find init script" errors are probably due to this
>'dangling symlink' problem, and the fact that .service files are being
>generated is intentional - just the way systemd is handling remaining
>sysv services - and not a bug. That's my reading on the situation
>anyway. You should find the generated .service files match the remaining
>sysv services you have in /etc/init.d ; that's the case for me:

Thanks, that helped me get rid of extraneous boot output.

I used:
rm -vf `find -L /etc/rc.d -lname '*'`
to remove these sym links.

However this didn't solve my concern about some services attempting to
start that shouldn't. But now I'm thinking there might be some other
old config around that I should look for. I'm going to start with
plague-server since I never actually used that, but might have had to
disable it in the past.