Self Introduction: Ricky Grassmuck

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 13 17:07:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-11-13 at 16:28 +0000, Ricky Grassmuck wrote:

> What's the best way to find newly added packages/components that need
> testing? I'm thinking of spinning up a base F23 VM in qemu/kvm to use for
> installing and testing packages that I don't need or use on my main setups.

fedora-easy-karma effectively does this - the goal is to file karma on
them, but of course it's telling you all the packages on your system
that come from updates-testing (i.e. are quite new and need testing).

To see what's new each day across the whole distribution, you can read
the 'updates-testing report' sent to the list for each stable release -
each day you should see 'Fedora 23 updates-testing report'. After the
lists of security and critical path updates which need testing (those
are good things to work on!) there is a list of all the new builds that
landed in updates-testing that day.