http://stg.fedoraproject.org

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 5 03:48:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:16 PM, noriko <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can not find some strings below in PO file which are appeared in
> English at the above. Looking in some other languages, those strings are
> appeared in English as well, even those languages are all 100% translated.
> Where can I find them to translate?
>
> I believe that this site is fetching latest translation periodically,
> but how often?
>
> [http://stg.fedoraproject.org/ja/get-fedora]
> Other Options
>     *  Formats: DVD ISOs, Physical Media
>     * Architectures: 64-bit, PPC, and others
>     * Desktops: KDE, XFCE, GNOME, and others
>     * Spins: Electronics Lab, Education, and others
>
> o The section "Other Options", Formats, Architectures, Desktops, Spins
> exist in PO and have all been translated. But their descriptions such as
> 'DVD ISOs, Physical Media', '64-bit PPC, and others' etc can not be
> found in PO file and left in English.
>
> Export Regulations
> By clicking on and downloading Fedora, you agree to comply with the
> following terms and conditions:
> Read full export regulations
>
> o 'Export Regulations' exists in PO and has been translated. But the
> description followed can not be found in PO and left in English.
>
> [http://stg.fedoraproject.org/ja/get-help]
> Online Classroom
> The Fedora IRC Classroom periodically holds classes to help you better
> use, understand, and manage your Fedora installation. Refer to the
> Classroom page for more information on upcoming classes, and archives of
> previous class sessions.
>
> o 'Online Classroom' exists in PO and has been translated, but the
> description followed can not be found in PO and left in English.
>

> Regards,
>
> noriko
> --

Noriko,

The stg.fp.o website is updated hourly. In fact, it should be updated
at about 5 minutes past the hour.

Export regulations is purposely not translated. This is for a legal reasons [1].

I looked at the ja.po file and it is translated. I just looked at the
stg.fp.o website and its showing in japanese. The text may have been
translated just after the last update. On a side note, there are 46
languages and only 11 have that specific text translated.

I look at the files and we've somehow missed making that text
translatable. :( This includes the Formats, Architectures, Desktops,
Activities tabs along with the other pieces of text you've mentioned.
We could add it but it will definitely break the current string freeze
in effect.

[1] = http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2010-March/007701.html

Sijis