Advice sought for translating manpages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at
Thu Sep 2 15:59:52 UTC 2010

Following on from this posting:

We're proposing to use po4a to create a .pot file for all the manual
pages around libguestfs (some are very long -- 100 pages at least).

I'd like some advice on what transifex can handle.

Can it handle the PO files generated by po4a?

Can it handle a project where there are two .pot files?
(po/libguestfs.pot and new file po-docs/libguestfs-docs.pot)

Here is the patch we're proposing to add to libguestfs upstream:

Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat