About Transifex stability

shaiton shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 12 19:21:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Dimitris Glezos <glezos at indifex.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Thomas Canniot
> <thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>> +1 supporting idea of "fedora.transifex.net"
>>
>> Why so?
>>
>> This means having translations translating outside the fedora project
>> website scope. Is this somehting we want ?
>
> This decision has advantages and possible risks (most of them similar
> to any "outsourcing" decision). For projects like MeeGo, LXDE,
> Mercurial and Creative Commons (and almost 1000 projects) it worked
> nicely. :-) Others, like XFCE, have more resources and can maintain
> their own instance. In the end it's up to Infra, and so far Fedora has
> shown that it prefers hosting its own services.
>
>> Dimitri, what type of skill do we need to have
>> translate.fedoraproject.org back to its best days ?
>
> Cookies need love like everything does*. =)
>
> Kidding aside, a service like translate.fpo needs a sysadmin with
> direct interest for good translations.
>
> -d
>

> * The Oracle, Matrix Revolutions
>
> --
> Dimitris Glezos
>
> Transifex: The Multilingual Publishing Revolution
> http://www.transifex.net/ -- http://www.indifex.com/

Hi,

Is there any translator (transifex user) in the infra team ?

Wich knowledge would be needed to be a sysadmin (mostly for
translators)? I mean, as seen there is no really work around to
upgrade our transifex, hence if a new sysadmin join the infra to help
for that, would he be helped for that, or should he already know all
about it ?

--
Kévin Raymond
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2