Transifex big issues

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 28 08:44:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Andrea Veri <av at gnome.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying for around 2 hours this evening to submit a translation
> in transifex with no success at all.
>
> Pages are too slow (it takes up to two minutes for a page to load), imports
> take the committer to get multiple errors and no results are produced since
> the .po file don't get imported in the end.
>
> I've then moved my problem to the docs channel and found out that i could
> upload my translation through git. I would therefore suggest some of the
> translators or main committers to adopt a git account and do stuff manually
> until transifex becomes less broken.
>
> Are you guys experiencing this problem as well? if yes, please adopt my
> suggestion: it will make everyone's life easier!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrea
> Fedora Italian Translation Team

Yes we know. This is mainly a database problem (sometimes it works
perfectly, wow!!!).
Our transifex instance (v.0.7) is in an upgrade stage (to v.0.9.1). We
have no idea when the upgrade will be done, nor when the staging
instance would be usable.

How did you get the git commit access? MrTom (thomas) has requested
this access for a long time, and are still waiting for it...

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2