batch convert mp3 to ogg

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:09:07 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Ben Steeves <ben.steeves at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/2/05, Robert Bell <robert at thebellfamily.com> wrote:
> >

> > > http://freshmeat.net/projects/mp32ogg/
> > > after a quick search on my friend, Google. :)
>
> I wrote a perl script to do this that uses lame and oggdec.  It relies
> on the music directory being in the format

Yeesh, I really need to up the quality of the crack.  My code goes
from ogg to mp3 to use on my iPod.  I can't see any good reason to go
from mp3 to ogg (just rerip everything to flac or ogg, that's what I
did).  But this code could easily be adapted to go the other way.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves