Feedback

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 11:08:32 UTC 2010

Hello to every one,

So,
I nicely upgrade my system from fc10 to fc11 with the advises available
on the fedora web site. Then I was stocked there, I tried 5 times
(reinstalling from fc11)
to upgrade either to 12 or 13 with the same result (using preupgrade of
the dvd).
I was usually able to reboot after the upgrade and after a short
while the system was becoming crazy: one command after the other one
was not working any more and no way to reboot.
So I run a badblock and every things was OK and decided to install
fc13 on the exact same partitions. I did not experience any crazy
behavior. The only problem is that now it is taking me days
before I can get the full installation.
It is sad that we cannot upgrade systems smothly and efficiently.

I did not mode directly to fc14 because I experienced some problems
with an installation:
display not working with the full resolution !
network connection not working anymore !

Thank to every body.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |