Fedora14 Audio mixers in KDE

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Sat Nov 27 11:08:06 UTC 2010

Terry Barnaby kirjoitti perjantai, 26. marraskuuta 2010 14:55:42:
> I have just updated some systems for Fedora12 to Fedora14.
> All has gone well and is working well, so far, except that
> I don't seem to be able to control the mixer on the sound
> hardware. Sound is working, in that I get the login music,
> beeps etc.
>
> Specifically I want to listen to audio from the Line input. The
> KDE sound icon has an overall level control but no other
> controls. The "Configure Channels" settings in kmix do not
> list any other channels. This on three systems, with different
sound
> hardware although all Intel I think.
>
> Any ideas, has something changed with the pulseaudio config ?

Yep, pulseaudio takes all controll, what a shame!
I've done, rpm -e --nodeps pulseaudio to get all controlls in KMIX
in use. Using two soundcards an there is impossiple controll them
with pulse. Yes, I have tried all googl things. Imho, that pulse
system is not ready yet. Could there be option, not to choose
pulse in use, other way than rpm -e that sh** ?

Jarmo