OT: one huge monitor or 2 smaller or bigger ones ? SOLVED.

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:28:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 22:43 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 09:15 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > I'll post back how I like it once I've used it for a while.
>
> Don't worry....  No matter what you say about how well it works for
> "you" there will be someone that will argue that what "you" are doing
> isn't optimal and you should do it "their way'.  :-)

True enough.  And yet one of those "you should do it my way" posts
really helped me.

I would have never considered a 30 inch display when I started this
process.   Someone suggested it in a reply to my original question and,
with an open mind, I went looking.  Lo and behold, it makes a lot of
sense, for a number of reasons.

2 big monitors side by side would look like this.
http://img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_cards/ati/avivo_early_look/images/dual-cinema-big.jpg

In my opinion, that doesn't work well.  One of them needs to the primary
display and the other needs to be angled off to the side.  With big
monitors, (27+ inches) I think that is clumsy.

3 of them are even worse.
http://macdailynews.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/070520_algore.jpg

The only way I could see making use of that screen area is with a roller
chair moving side to side.

This is what made sense to me.
http://www.blakespot.com/images/blake_hp_apple_1024.jpg

Its still a dual monitor setup and it has the advantages of a huge
primary monitor.

Like I said, I'll let everyone know how it turns out. Its a free world.
They are free to disagree.