Samba asking for authorization to browse suddenly

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Aug 16 02:44:57 UTC 2011

On Monday, August 15, 2011, Craig White wrote:
> I think that your smb4k must have an issue

I just threw smb4k on there after I encountered the problem with
listing the workgroup from Dolphin. I've been able to use it in
years past to get past various issues. There probably is a problem
with smb4k's configuration, but there's also something else... The
problem I'm having was there before installing smb4k

Here's some readout from your suggested command:

# smbclient -L win7jj
Enter root's password:
Domain=[WIN7JJ] OS=[Windows 7 Ultimate 7601 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
        C$              Disk      Default share
        D               Disk
        D$              Disk      Default share
        F$              Disk      Default share
        G               Disk
        G$              Disk      Default share
        HP Photosmart C5200 series Printer   HP Photosmart C5200
series
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        P$              Disk      Default share
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        temp            Disk
        Users           Disk

--
Claude Jones