The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Sat Dec 3 15:37:21 UTC 2011

On 12/03/2011 05:31 AM, Craig White wrote:
> As for the hell you imply that I might be feeling - sure. It's hell to
> see what undoubtedly passes for adults in other arena's acting like
> impudent children stammering and jumping up and down and shouting... I
> want that toy.

Finally, someone talking sense!

Yes, Gnome 3 is little more than a toy at this point.  But since you've
previously revealed that you use KDE, you don't realize how much of a
toy it is.  You have no clue what we are talking about.

In another message, you expressed the idea that we should (paraphrased)
"love it or leave it."  But since you've previously revealed that you
are an Ubuntu user, you have no clue what we are talking about.

If you want to have your ideas respected, I suggest you come up with
respectable ideas.  "Stop using Fedora" is not one of them.  "Linus'
opinion doesn't matter" is not one of them.

And so forth &c,

   -Scott