Fedora 16's Performance

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Dec 14 20:34:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 12:25 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 12:04 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > She still also sees general instability with Gnome Shell, etc.
>
> Have either of you experimented with a different DE?  If so, is it more
> stable?  If not, how do you know that it's Gnome Shell that's causing
> the instability?  I'm not a fan of Gnome 3 by any means but I do think
> that something like this needs testing.  Just last week I was almost
> certain that I needed a new mobo, until I realized that it might be my
> keyboard that died.  Installing and testing a new DE doesn't take that
> long, and it's worth trying, just to be sure.  HTH, HAND.

Actually, yes I have. I have both KDE and Gnome installed on my laptop
and my desktop.

Obviously, when running KDE, I don't see Gnome 3 crashes... :) But I do
still see general instability with applications, Evolution in particular
has issues with my company's Exchange system.

I don't dislike KDE at all, and in fact I will occasionally use it just
to keep fresh with it. I wish Gnome were the only issue, but
unfortunately it isn't.

Cheers,

Chris

--