"It's time for you to leave."

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 30 05:44:31 UTC 2011

On 30-12-11 05:16, Craig White wrote:
> On this list, we have a pretty wide variety of users including those
> that are simply desktop only end users that simply want to use a
> computer and aren't necessarily computer hobbyists nor system admins.
> Thus the fedora-users list doesn't even slightly resemble the other
> lists that you mentioned and it seems to be an unreasonable expectation
> that you have.

IMHO those who are totally inexperienced end-users may be better off
with Ubuntu or Mint. Given the cutting edge nature of this project it
seems less suited for inexperienced end-users. The other projects I
mentioned also get their fair share of n00bs. Nothing wrong with being a
n00b. In many areas I am sure I am a n00b too. Yet those projects seem
quite successful in maintaining how they want their Community to
interact. Don't see why it's unreasonable to expect an on-topic mailing
list.

> I tend to have a high tolerance for eccentric people but a low tolerance
> for those who treat the list like a resource for their school homework
> rather than actually make an attempt to obtain the answers but I guess

Yeah the homework questions are always quite obvious.

> everyone has their own flash points. Despite the obvious meanderings,
> Linda does have a genuine interest in using Fedora, has repeatedly
> demonstrated some in depth knowledge of Linux and Fedora and has done
> research.

Agree to disagree. I see someone who is trolling and/or has some wires
cross-connected.

  I don't share your obvious contempt for her presence and think
> you have been unnecessarily harsh but you don't have to please any of
> us.

Contempt? Nope, life's too short for that. If it's unnecessarily harsh
to point out the official purpose of this list and mailing list
guidelines then again let's agree to disagree.

Regards,
Patrick