Problem with automatically added USB printers at system reboot

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 08:27:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 07:35 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> having a little problem with USB printers: I added a Samsung USB printer
> to my system by using an install tool provided by Samsung itself
> (attached at mfp:/dev/mfp4). So far so good, and the printer runs well.
>
> But each time I reboot my system, a new (this previously installed) USB
> printer is attached to my system, but now with uri
> "usb://Samsung/ML-1660%20Series". I don't know who is responsible for that.

It's added by the system-config-printer-udev package.  If you don't want
the automatically-created queue to be visible you can mark it as
disabled and set it as available only for a non-existent user.

e.g.
in system-config-printer, double-click on the queue
click on Policies and set the 'Enabled' checkbox off
click on Access Control, type in 'nonexistent' to the entry box and
click Add
now click OK

Tim.
*/