Fedora 15 won't do automatic updates

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 08:45:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:29:03 -0400, ML (Mark) wrote:

> I just tried:
>
> [root at mushroom ~]# yum update
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Found 15 installed debuginfo package(s)
> Enabling fedora-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - i386 - Debug
> Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree
> - Debug
> Enabling rpmfusion-free-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 -
> Free - Updates Debug
> Enabling rpmfusion-free-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Debug
> Enabling updates-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - i386 - Updates - Debug
> Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 -
> Nonfree
>
> What I see troubles me.  It appears to still be pointing to the old F13
> repositories.  Maybe this is what is wrong with my installation as well
> as for the OP.
>
> [root at mushroom ~]# uname -a
> Linux mushroom.patch 2.6.35.13-92.fc14.i686.PAE #1 SMP Sat May 21
> 17:33:09 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> When I reboot the machine it claims to be F14 on the progress screen.
>
> There must be a configuration file somewhere that is setting the
> $releasever variable to F13 instead of F14.  Could this effect the auto
> updater too?

No, yours is an entirely different issue. You need to verify the version
of your "fedora-release" package as well as check for any hardcoded
release numbers (instead of the $releasever variable) in /etc/yum.repos.d/
The output of "yum -v repolist" is also relevant when talking about repo
configuration troubles.