Again: the Nvidia driver does not work with Gnome 3

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jun 18 02:56:31 UTC 2011

On 06/18/2011 06:25 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> I would appreciate hearing from Fed15/Gnome3 users who
> (maybe) have the same graphics card: Geforce 7300 LE in
> a Dell Dimension E520 and have also experienced (and maybe
> solved) this problem.
> Suggestions on how to solve the problem (if possible) are
> also welcome.

Well, I don't have the same card as you....  I've a GeForce GT 230.

But, I would always get a hard freeze in KDE (and GNOME) whenever I
started google-earth.  I've just finished installing the latest
275.09.07 driver from nVidia and the freeze has been resolved.

I can now check the 3D box for the display on my Vbox Fedora VM and run
GNOME 3 in the VM.  Previously the VM would crash when starting GNOME.

Of course nVidia driver problems should be reported on their forums.  :-)