booting F14 on 2nd drive on a Windows 7 PC

FHDATA fhdata at unm.edu
Thu May 19 20:25:29 UTC 2011

Greetings,

Sorry if this is a newbie question....

A. Recently purchased PC has 2 physical drives (let's
    call them  p0 , p1).

B. p0 has windows 7 ; p1 is blank never been used.

C. I used F14 32bit install media and it sees
    p0  as /dev/sda1 and it sees p1 as /dev/adb

D. Fedora 14 install completes successfully....
    During which it was instructed to install
    boot loader onto p1 and to leave alone /dev/sda1  ...

E. BIOS knows that it needs to boot to p1

F. I get a blinking prompt and nothing else....

Can I have a system as stated above so I can boot
to p1 with linux on it without p0 ever being touched
in any way.... ?

If not, why not?

If yes, how?

Thanks,