Fedora - time to blink

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 26 21:28:13 UTC 2011

Am 26.11.2011 22:02, schrieb Antonio Olivares:
> Some folks saw this coming!  Turns out that now other desktops are following suit to TabletLand,
> even windows 8 :(  The traditional desktop is apparently dying :(

and this is simply dumb

the count of smartphones/tablets may become higher
but his is only a number which does not matter

why?

because most of the smartphone/tablet users are using
a traditional computer too

because a tblaet NEVER can replace those thounsands of workstations
out there where the users MUCH more doing than read mails and look
at some websites

some developers are thinking "it's new, it's cool, the others do not bother me"
well, they can do so

but this will nothing change in the fact that POWER-USERS will always use
a classical desktop, that most computers in professional environments will
always need keyboads and a classical desktop