Anyone got three monitors working?

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:08:35 UTC 2011

Hi Don,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 19:54, Don Krause <dkrause at optivus.com> wrote:
> Uhh, no, SLI has little to nothing to do with multiple monitor support..
>
> We do 3 monitor systems, using 2 dual DVI Nvidia cards with the proprietary driver for a medical device, works fine.

I don't quite understand how one can have a single X server running on
multiple hardware. Does your system by any chance run multiple
displays instead of a single extended desktop? I am asking because I
see multiple "ScreenX" sections in your example xorg.conf. As far as I
understood the OP wants an extended workspace.

In any case, I would be glad if you could confirm or correct my
(possibly false/incomplete) understanding. :)

--
Suvayu