Looking for Live-multi.iso generation script

Shiv Manas shiv at linux.com
Mon Oct 3 00:41:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage at peaknet.net> wrote:
> At about this time last year an enterprising group released the
> Fedora-14-Live-multi.iso. With a little tweaking I was able to install
> this 5.2GB iso image onto a bootable 8GB thumb drive. That and a Helix3
> forensic thumb drive were "must haves" in my toolkit.
>
> The Live-multi effort seems to have gone silent. There was no Fedora 15
> edition. Has their generation script been published anywhere so I can
> roll my own Fedora-16-Live-multi.iso image?
>
> --Doc Savage
>  Fairview Heights, IL

You can make your own multi-fedora or even a multi-distro USB quite
easily. Just make a different directory for each distro, and then
create or edit a menu file for booting a distro and add the live_dir
and root=live:LABEL kernel parameters.

Here's an excerpt from my multi-distro syslinux.cfg:

label f15live
  menu label ^Fedora 15 32bits Live
  kernel /fedora/isolinux/vmlinuz0
  append initrd=/fedora/isolinux/initrd0.img root=live:LABEL=MULTIBOOT
live_dir=/fedora/LiveOS rootfstype=auto ro liveimg quiet  rhgb
rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM

(Credit goes to Lance from pendrivelinux.com)

HTH

- Shiv