F15 - evolution crashes - abrt.conf

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 05:55:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 16:40:16 -0700, PG (Peter) wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 18:00 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > I kept getting messages from evolution about half the time that
> > the MaxCrashReportsSize was set too low in /etc/abrt/abrt.conf
> > [...]
> > Have any of the rest of you had this problem ?
>
> Greg,
>
> I'm not so sure that is an Evolution-specific bug. Do you regularly
> notice Evolution crashing? I repeatedly see this whenever _any_ program
> crashes (which thankfully is a rare occurrence).
>
> Without more informtation, I'd say that this is an issue with ABRT's
> default configuration, and not Evolution.

Agreed. Settings in /etc/abrt/abrt.conf are specific to ABRT and do not
influence Evolution in any way. The value you've changed only tells ABRT
how much disk space it may use. You could also set it to 0 (unlimited).

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc8.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.08 0.15 0.13