How do I turn off graphical boot

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:32:58 UTC 2012

On 30/04/12 05:03, Fedora User wrote:

> That was my first thought. The problem is that grub.cfg is produced by
> a template via grub2-mkconfig. And, of course, there is no manual page
> for grub2-mkconfig.

It depends on how /boot/grub2/grub.cfg is being modified.
If doing a yum update, grubby does most of the work, ignores
grub2-mkconfig. (history, grub-legacy never had a method to modify
~/grub.cfg)
Hence add your modifications to /etc/default/grub

If you manually modify /boot/grub2/grub.cfg or it's sym /etc/grub2.cfg.
You need to run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Currently if you do not modify both,
I have found changes are not picked up.
ymmv

--