Best variant of Fedora for a Virtual Machine...?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Aug 14 19:41:35 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 10:17 AM, And Kemp wrote:
> Simple things like mounting the CD drive from a command line can be
> summarized, according to my impression of Google forum replies, as,
> "RTFM! RTFM!...  It's automatic (the only thing missing here is, 'You
> idiot')!".  [Note: It's *NOT* automatic; nor is in any manual I could
> locate: one has to create a device folder (at least, that's how I fixed
> the problem in the end, having tried (and failed) to adopt the "Fedora
> way", assuming there is such a thing!)]

I don't use KDE, but I do have a suggestion.  In Xfce, there's a control
panel (under Settings, not Administration) called "Removable Drives and
Media."  If KDE has that, or an equivalent, you should be able to set it
to mount drives when they're detected and, if you prefer (I don't)
automatically browse it.  If not, have you checked with a KDE mailing
list or forum?  This may be DE related, if so, asking there might be the
quickest way to get things working.