Configuring graphics(resolution) on Dell Vostro 460 i5

Oscar Vidal oscarblo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:43:13 UTC 2012

Hello Ed,

Thanks for your answer.
I tried already these commands and these are the outputs:

# lspci | grep -i vga
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0de2 (rev a1)

# xrandr
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768
default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768        0.0*
   800x600         0.0
   640x480         0.0

when really the max resolution is 1600x900

thanks,
Oscar