Can't start ntop -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, US bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 20 21:14:05 UTC 2012

On 03/20/2012 05:01 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, US
> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>  wrote:
>>        This is F-16/64 updated. I installed "ntop" via yum but can't
>>        get it to run. Well that's not exactly true since I see the
>>        following:
>>
>>        ntop.service - A network traffic probe similar to the UNIX top
>>        command
> Hello W2BOD this is KF5OIM :)
>
> I think the description is a little misleading. You don't run ntop
> directly since it's web based. Somewhere in the log (since you're
> starting it as a service and not manually) there is a reference to a
> port. Just point your browser there, i.e. http://localhost:<port>
>
> I forget what the default port is but it should be in the log. I never
> left ntop running when I used it because it seemed to eat all my
> memory but maybe that's been fixed, it's been a while.
>
> Richard

        Ok Richard, that's what I needed "http://localhost:3000/" brings
        up the display. I had to strain my mental processes for the
        port, I had it running over a year ago, 3000 must be a default.
        I just never tried the browser because I was seeing the command
        line "error." Confusion I guess. Thanks for the help.

        Ok the radio call, my activity is limited to PSK31 on 10 meters
        these days when I have a box with fldigi working.

        Tnx,

        Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD