Updates not occuring, manual update errors out

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Mar 24 21:58:26 UTC 2012

On 24 Mar 2012 at 11:58, les wrote:

Subject:        	Re: Updates not occurring, manual update errors
out
From:           	les <hlhowell at pacbell.net>
To:             	Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>
Date sent:      	Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:58:38 -0700
Copies to:      	users at lists.fedoraproject.org

> Hi, Ed and Michael,
>  For now I ran manual updates on everything that did not depend on the
> GCC stuff (none of that would update anyway.), and now fingers crossed
> that we get the other bit done soon.  Are any of rest of you having
> the same issue?

I finally did a test on a system, and activated update-testing repo
using yumex and just selected llvm packages. It then installed
them, and the related stuff including the gcc stuff and clang. Then
I ran the regular yum upate to get a clean update.

Didn't have the problem on 32 bit machines, or 64 bit systems that
just had the basic compiler stuff. So, must be something that links
to the llvm and/or clang in some situations?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11969293.719299   |   EINSTEIN     7540627.629852
ROSETTA      4338248.975416   |   ABC         11889193.887520