help needed with HP dv6-3225dx

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 5 20:38:02 UTC 2012

On 05/06/2012 02:22 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> Thanks for reply. I went through the man pages back on F14 when I tried then (the
> example was 10-synaptics.conf). I "thought" I had it figured out but was only
> fooling myself. F16 man pages look more robust but still come down to dealing with
> xorg.conf.
>
> Last night I had noticed the applications->system->mouse only had the most basic of
> settings for the mouse and no settings for the buttons. I was hoping (maybe
> dreaming?) that there was a package that could be gotten with yum that would
> provide an expanded interface for dealing with it. No amount of searching turned up
> anything.
>
> If nobody else knows of some such package, I'll try, once again, to see if I can
> figure out xorg.conf. I struggled with it in FC5 and was very happy when Fedora no
> longer required it (F8 or F9?).

Did you try the copy of 50-synaptics.conf?  It isn't clear from what you've said....

The fact that it contains:

        Driver "synaptics"

and that there is a...

/lib/modules/3.3.4-1.fc16.i686/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics_i2c.ko

file suggests this would be a likely driver whose specific loading may be promising.

> As for the mounting of the stick, I never thought of the tail -f of
> /var/log/messages to get the info I need for doing the mount command. Its a great
> idea and I thank you for suggesting it

Welcome....

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage