DNS problems this morning - CORRECTION

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 17 14:37:27 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 16 November 2012, Reindl Harald sent:
> i agree that it makes no sense if there is no useful domain but the
> benefits for cases where you have one beats the overhead easily

I've tended to find that it's easier to do things if you do have a
domain name, even if you've faked up one just for your LAN.  Much better
to have one that you've created, than the overly long "localdomain" that
Red Hat and Fedora favour.

Certainly, in the past, I'd come across one or two things that flatly
refused to accept me trying to use a single hostname, insisting on a
domain name with some dots in it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 5 21:59:35 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.