Clams.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:08:50 UTC 2012

On 09/09/2012 01:49 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/08/2012 10:11 PM, Roger wrote:
>> Wow! You understand the indecipherable -- Regedit, wow,  Linux is easy
>> after that!
>
> Back when I was doing tech support for an ISP, I kept a shortcut to
> Regedit on my desktop.  Of course, after a few months, I almost never
> used it (or had callers back up the registry, most of the time)
> because I knew exactly where to look and what needed to be done.  And,
> I knew when you had to reboot to make the changes take effect.  What I
> never did manage to learn, however, is why you could only change
> certain settings in Outlook by regedit, even though there was a place
> in the settings that *claimed* to change them or why you had to
> restart Windows before Outlook would admit there'd been changes.
I think it has something to do with the "processes" being "locked" by
the application. And the only way some changes can be acknowledged is
when they're released by a  restart....of either the application or the
computer itself....but don't quote me on that....I don't muck around
with that stuff anymore...LoL!

EGO II